Raised so far
Get ready to join us on Sunday 5 March 2023 for our Walk for Epilepsy. By taking part and raising funds, you can have a very real impact on people living with epilepsy throughout the ACT and region.
We will be walking Bridge to Bridge around Lake Burley Griffin, the walk is 5km long and usually takes around 1 hour. Lots of fun activities will be available at the start/finish line for the whole family to enjoy.
Download a poster and encourage your community to join us at the Walk.
Thanks for your support!
The day will include:
- A Bridge to Bridge walk!
- BBQ where all funds raised come straight to Epilepsy ACT
- Live Music
- Free Face painting
- Free Balloon modelling
- Lawn games + more
Don’t forget to wear purple!
Have you ordered a t-shirt?
If you would like purchase a t-shirt to wear along to the Walk for Epilepsy they are only available to purchase online, please click here. We are not offering t-shirts on the day and pre-purchase is essential. Closing date for ordering your t-shirt in time to arrive for the event is Sunday 12 February 2023.
Lunch is served by the Lazy Grazer.
Pre-order your own Grazing Box and sit back and enjoy the live music after the walk.
Free delivery straight to you after the walk.
Instructions on how to order.
Select items and add to cart.
In shopping cart select local delivery and for the time slot Sunday 5 March (this date won’t appear if you select pick up)
In checkout you need to select pick up, this allows for free delivery
5% discount will appear in the total, if not use: walkforepilepsy in the discount code.
Order your Grazing Box Here
Grazing Boxes & Picnics
Stick around for a picnic and some fun activities and order your own grazing box for delivery straight to the event. A percentage will be donated to Epilepsy ACT from each order. See above for more information and how to order.
Prizes and activities
Have a go at our lolly guessing competition and try your luck at winning, not only a lolly jar, but one of our brand new fluffy lions. Also, go into the draw for some fun vouchers from our sponsors below. Good luck!
Where: Cup Place, Lake Burley Griffin - this is the curved grassed area between the Flags.
When: Sunday 5 March 2023
Start Time: 10am with Registrations Starting at 9.15am (pending COVID-19 restrictions)
Distance: 5kms, Bridge to Bridge around Lake Burley Griffin
Registration Fees: $30 for Individuals and $95 for a Family (4 individuals)
Food and Drink
Sausage sizzle and drinks will be available to order on the day, or order in advance through our Grazing partner (more information to come).
The Walk for Epilepsy course is fully accessible to mobility scooters, wheelchairs and prams, but please be aware that the activities and start/finish is on grass. Dogs on leads are also welcome.
We are excited to say we will be having a BBQ at our Walk, so you will be able to get your sausage sandwich on the day, so don't forget your extra coins as all proceeds come straight to Epilepsy ACT. Drinks are also available to purchase at the BBQ.
Registration opens at 9.15am, please come early to register.
If you would to like purchase a t-shirt please click here This year t-shirts are only available to purchase via this website. We are not offering t-shirts on the day and pre-purchase is essential. Closing date for ordering your t-shirt is Sunday 12 February 2023. The t-shirt will be sent directly to you before the day of the event!
We are incredibly lucky to have a local business join us to sell their amazing homemade lemonade. Please support these boys and grab a cup or even a bottle to share with your family.
We have the exceptionally talented Deborah doing face painting again this year. Can you think of something purple she can create for you?
If bad weather occurs we will still go ahead with some changes. If the weather is dangerous the WALK will be postponed to another date.
We would like to reduce the risk of COVID-19 and would appreciate you reading the following information and following advice:
- Please do not attend if you are unwell
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Please use bins provided and put used tissues in the bin straight away
- Wash hands with soap and water often
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Do not attend if you have been to a higher risk country or been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
We ask that you do not to attend if unwell or if you have travelled to a higher risk country or been exposed to a person with COVID-19 in the preceding 14 days.
If you have any concerns please call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
If you have anymore questions you can phone: 02 6287 4555 or email us at email@example.com
- Bek C just donated $104.40
- Pete Ward just donated $20.88
- Liz V just donated $104.40
- Becc Blundell just donated $25
- Tyler just donated $52.20
- B. Messenger just donated $50
- Emily just donated $52.20
- Angela just donated $26.10
- Elaine Taylor just donated $62.64
- Melinda just donated $62.64
- A Smith-Platts just donated $62.64
- HH just donated $31.32
- Jacob Boyle just donated $108.58
- David Smith just donated $575
- Anonymous just donated $62.64
- Julian Doak just donated $104.40
- Toni Angelkoski just donated $104.40
- Bronte Evans just donated $58
- Beke just donated $25
- Judy H just donated $31.32